On Thursday, January 24th, your LMUTA bargaining team met with the district team to negotiate a contract for the 2018-2019 school year. Our current contract expired on June 30, 2018. After 9 months of negotiations, we settled the contract with a Tentative Agreement, subject to ratification by LMUTA members. In summary, we agreed to:
- 1% compensation increase on the salary schedule, retroactive to July 1, 2018.
- 1% one-time off-schedule bonus, based on the 2018-19 Salary Schedule after the on-schedule increase has been applied.
- Mandatory evening events shall be limited to two nights per year (back-to-school night, open house, or equivalents). No unit member shall experience any negative consequences due to failure to participate in a voluntary evening event.
- Four days of substitute time or equivalent pay at the long-term sub rate for teachers who are involuntarily reassigned due to new construction or facility modernization, retroactive to December 2017.
- Increase to 12 years of Service Credit offered to new hires for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Contract language clarifying Association rights to conduct new-employee orientation within the contracted workday.
- Extension of language allowing a bonus of up to $5000 for new hires in hard-to-fill positions.
- Modifications to Article IV (Organization Security) to comply with the Supreme Court Janus decision.
Click on the link below for a complete copy of the Tentative Agreement.